Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh the weather outside is frightful !!


After lunch yesterday I noticed the snow falling outside my office
windows was starting to pile up a bit in the woods.
Hmmm......maybe the weather guy was right when he said all sorts of
winter hell was about to break loose.




Noticing everyone in the building had headed out to their cars I left a bit early to find everyone scraping windshields. My car was under a thick blanket of snow already. Scraper and snow brush still in the garage at home, my sleeve and an old file folder worked pretty good since it was still pretty warm outside.....well, compared to how cold it's going to get tonight. It's going to be about 5. Yeah. Degrees. Brrrr baby, brrrrrrrrrr.




This morning it was pretty clear....snow has stopped but the winds are wicked and plans for the lunch on the patio will have to be postponed until ohhh, maybe late April??



Y'know, I really truly did intend to get the Christmas lights strung this next weekend. I believe it's going to be an un-lit Christmas at my place this year, neighbors will just have to enjoy the sparklies by looking in through my windows.


Perfect and deep for the traditional snow ice cream I used to make with the kids.


Considering all the online Christmas shopping I did this season, looks like the FedEx guy is going to get the opportunity to prove he really DOES deliver. I can't even open my front door. That drift is pushed right up against it and the wind just keeps piling it higher.



Meanwhile inside where it is nice and warm, the snow-day baking continues as the cinnamon roll dough is rising nicely! How about the snow-day EATING? How is THAT going?? Honestly, I love baking so I can take goodies to work and give treats as gifts. This year I just don't feel tempted or even have the inclination to taste. It's a new wrinkle. Normally I'm a taste-tester and I'd be face-deep into the goodies from the moment I first started to melt the butter and add the sugar. Haven't even licked the beaters.




This new lease on life I'm experiencing thanks to my band buddy is helping me in ways I honestly didn't expect. I feel great about how things are going. I don't feel a great deal of restriction now as the swelling from surgery has gone and I haven't had my first fill yet. But I DO feel physically different inside. I'm getting used to small meals. I'm getting used to eating slower. I don't drink any liquids with my meals and I have at least one protein shake a day.

It's working. I'm down another couple of pounds this week. And my room mate honestly.............


....could care less about any of it as long as he's got his blankie and a nice, soft spot on the couch right under the furnace vent.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Nessa, I would say that you are entitled to a trip to the bahamas for some warm sun.

    But by the look of things, it might be until April till you can shovel out. Stay warm.. Love your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! In a word WOW.. this seems so foreign to me lol. I'm sitting here at the comp looking out into sunshine and beautiful clear day but even in winter if we had snow I would fall over backwards.. well, because we just don't. It doesn't get cold enough. That looks hard going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nessa! When you said that you were expecting snow, you were really expecting snow! We were expecting our first snow in many years & we got less than an inch & thought it was fantastic!! But then, we don't have to shovel out of it either!! Who does that at your house? Love the cat.

    Happy Holiday's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living in the Midwest for over 40 years, snowy winters are just a way of life. My 28-year old daughter lives in Tennessee now, she texted me today...so blue because she wasn't home to be snowed in with us all. We all have lots of fond memories related to days when the kids missed school because of snow, just having fun as a family, making cookies, watching movies, making snow ice cream etc. As for the shoveling...I live in a townhouse that has a neighborhood organization and we contract guys with plows to do all our streets, driveways and walks at the same time just like they do all the mowing and yard work in the summer. After years of living in a small town in a house with three teenagers and a husband (now ex) who all had cars too.....and mine never made it into the garage because I had to be at work first in the morning......these days waking up to the little crew of snow-shovel guys doing their thing in the wee hours of the morning so my driveway is nice and clear is MUSIC to my EARS!! Trust me, I've done my share of shoveling. Most of it when I was a mail carrier. THIS snowstorm was so big and the winds so high today that they just now lifted the blizzard warning and the city plows haven't even come close to my neighborhood. Pretty sure it'll be another day working from home for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nessa, Thanks for the comment on my blog. I am excited for your life changes! I hope I find success and learn from from fellow bandsters! :)

    ReplyDelete