Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!!!






Is it possible you're even HALF as excited as I am about the amazing possibilities that lie ahead in 2010??
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's not only possible ~ but very likely!!!!

Just a little over thirty days into a new way of life I'm headed to my first fill appointment on Monday. I'm headed to class on Tuesday night. I'm headed to Atlanta for a market show on Wednesday. As I flip the pages of the calendar I'm amazed how many dates are already noted with travel, appointments and occasions. In other words ~ this year is going to FLY by and I can't wait to see where I'll be on New Years Eve next year.

What's my big project for the year?

Completing grad school and walking across the stage to get my masters? Well yeah....
Learning to use my new band buddy as the most effective tool possible to get myself into the best physical shape of my adult life? Well yeah, that too........
And there are lots of auxiliary dreams and goals and ambitions related to both of those accomplishments.
But I have a bigger goal and it's really simple:


My goal for 2010 is to do one random act of kindness every day for a full year. I figure the only way to keep this goal is to write it down. So I've got a journal all set up next to my bed to keep track. The daily random act is a pretty big commitment, I'll admit. It's not that it is so difficult to do something randomly kind for someone every day. I try and just be nice to people all the time. But it's difficult to REMEMBER to do it and to keep track, to write it down. You know how it is.We just get so busy. That's what got me into big trouble with my weight ~ MINDLESS eating when I was bored or stressed or so busy that I skipped meals and then gorged myself later.


So that's it.
(At least) one random act of kindness per day.
Later on this year maybe I'll tell you what made me decide to do this. It's a bit of a story and I won't take time tonight. There are balloons to drop and horns to blow. For some of you anyway.....as for me and my 2009, it's about to come to an end just a wee bit before 11 PM.


Happy New Year everyone!!
God bless you, thank you for your inspiration and my best wishes to you
for bountiful blessings and amazing success in the year to come.
Honestly, I think it will be the BEST year ever. 

Love, Nessa





3 comments:

  1. WOW! That is a big goal. I would love to hear more about it. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love that!!! A random act of kindness a day is a big ask but you can totally do it!!! You MUST write and tell us how that is going and what you did and how it impacted on you. Very exciting!!

    Have a great New Years Eve and and even better start to 2010!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Nessa you have some great accomplishments lined up.. you sound like a very nice person so I think those acts of kindness will come naturally to you.. be well and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete