Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Leftovers

Thanksgiving leftovers............


.....look pretty much like this years Thanksgiving dinner!!!

It's ok by me. I've enjoyed over 50 years of traditional Thanksgiving dinners cooked and hosted by some of the best cooks on the planet. This year I've changed my focus. For the first time since I can remember, I didn't push away from a table, stuffed to the point of discomfort.

So how's it going? Four days post-surgery and I feel like I've turned the corner.
I stopped taking the hospital pain-meds and am down to a light dose of the liquid Tylenol, just to take the edge off. I got out and drove around a bit in the car today. I threw open the sun roof and the sunshine and fresh air surely did me a world of good.

I've noticed everyone's doctors seem to have their own plan for their patients.
My doc has me on liquids for 2 weeks post-op. I'm anxious to add some substance back into my diet but I don't mind waiting. I haven't had any nausea at all. No gas pains. They even gave me a flu shot while I was in the hospital.

What do I look forward to the most?
Thanksgiving next year.....when I can give thanks as I look back and realize how far I have come.

3 comments:

  1. That's fantastic that you had a great experience too! I haven't had the gas pains or nausea either!! I wish they would have given me the H1N1 shot while I was in though! I had already gotten the regular Flu shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been some tasty broth! I can't wait to see how far you've come a year from now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next year, Thanksgiving time, is going to be fantastic for you!! Imagine how much weight you will have lost.. so cool.
    Glad you are chugging along with very little pain and everything. It's better when we don't feel so horrible in the aftermath - then we can focus on whats important in the game.. us!! lol

    ReplyDelete