Saturday, January 2, 2010

Brrrrrrrr

Had to change my profile picture today to show the fun scarf/collar my daughter knitted for me for Christmas.......last night was a big "post NYE" party with the family and it surely came in handy ~ it was about 16 degrees below zero outdoors. WHO goes outside on a night like that!!!?? We did and that cozy knit collar kept me toasty all the way home.

It was a great evening, an ESPECIALLY great evening! My daughter was home on a quick visit from Tennessee and it was a chance to see her during the holidays. I had one beer and a small bit of food, sent my plate away from the table with the waitress when I was finished and just enjoyed the conversation which ~ MUCH to my amazement ~ worked very well. I've been worried about "evenings out" and was so glad this went well. I travel quite a bit and have to figure out how to make restaurant-eating work for me. My first fill is on Monday and fly out two days later to work out of a hotel and convention center for a week. My first out-of-town challenge! I've bagged up some of my favorite protein powder and there is always plenty of bottled water so I can sip all day.

We'll just see how it goes.
Very excited about the fill, I want to feel a little squeeze from my band buddy.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, first fill! I did get a little boost from my first fill, hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scarf really does look warm!!

    I got my first fill Monday & so far, I haven't noticed a difference yet! But I only got 1 cc added. Now I am at 3 cc's. So hopefully, you will get more!

    As for the feeling, I didn't feel any pain at all during the fill!! I could feel pressure but no pain.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get that squeeze too, it will move things along. That scarf looks mighty warm, which is good. Sounds as though you needed it.

    ReplyDelete