Monday, January 4, 2010

FIRST FILL !!!!

Ok, it's in !! My little band buddy is proud and puffy now. Just got home from my first fill which was no bigga-deala as far as the procedure goes. Needles really don't bother me so I can't say I was apprehensive about the fill itself as much as I am about how it changes the way I eat and drink this next week. It wasn't painful at all. From the time they swabbed my tummy to the time my doc removed the needle after the fill.........five minutes? Maybe? Probably less, although you know how time flies when we're having fun!!!

My doc was happy with my progress so far, happy I was able to hold my ground during the holidays with so little restriction. (Miracle, I don't really know how that happened, I know I've been increasing my portion sizes because I've been so hungry.) Personally, I would have loved to see the loss of a pound or two.....but I'm not complaining. Forward march!!!!!

Ahh well. This weeks challenge is to fly out on Wednesday, still on my post-fill liquids regimen, shift over to soft foods for a day or so....and then eat properly, chewing well and all that good stuff.......while having to dine in restaurants for a full week. I have a feeling I'm going to get to know the Marriott room service staff real well.



What???!!!!
Another oatmeal for Room 2216 ????


3 comments:

  1. Good for you Nessa.. Any idea how much the doc put in? I go for my second fill on the 22nd and can't wait.. I had restriction at first, but now.. well it's definitely not as tight and I do get tempted.. what I really need to do is move my butt more.. keep us updated, I am interested in knowing how the fill holds up..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooo - first fill down.. how exciting!!! Hope it brings you a little restriction and some great weight loss. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!!! Just a little over 3 cc's for me today. I don't know if all the Dr's do it this way or not but he filled the band, then had me drink water which immediately started to back up and then gradually backed out the fluid until the water slipped on through the band. He made an appointment for 6 weeks but said if I lose restriction before then to call and come in earlier. I'm still learning....so we'll see how it goes. Good time to learn patience, huh?? Chew, chew, chew, chewwwww...... :))

    ReplyDelete