Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tiny Pleasures

My best friend came over to yak for a while. We both live in the same city but busy schedules mean our visits are infrequent. As I regaled her with some crazy story about my recent business trip.......probably compaining about the forced march/stroll I had to take every day to get to my booth at the trade show.....I looked up and saw she had tears in her eyes.

What the....?????

"Your face," she said. "You've lost so much weight in your face, it has changed so much. That's the face I remember seeing in high school."

Wow.

8 comments:

  1. That is such a major NSV. You are getting your old self back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! That is just so beautiful - she's obviously feeling the good things happening to you and this classifies as a def NSV!! So happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a powerful image! So great that someone you know actually remembers what you used to look like & told you she is seeing the old you again!! Fantastic NSV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome!!! Congratulations on that NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That has to be one of the best compliments ever. How touching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, high school! That's phenomenal. It's also a really thoughtful, genuine compliment.

    Nessa, you mentioned you used to write a weekly newspaper column. I was a newspaper reporter, too. Greatest job in the world (minus the whole lousy pay/industry decline issue).

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really was the sweetest, most spontaneous compliment from a very dear, lifelong friend.
    Kristin, I wrote a weekly column for 8 years while I was raising my kids. Small town newspaper, circulation about 10,000 I think. It was a neat way to make a few extra bucks from home but I gave it up when my kids were teenagers, I felt like they could use a little more privacy and anonymity in their last years growing up in our home. Great, great fun while it lasted, though!

    ReplyDelete