Sunday, January 31, 2010

Second Fill, Bring it On

My first fill on January something-or-other really hasn't made lots of difference. 3 cc's in a 10cc band is noticeable but I can still eat at least a cup and a half of food without feeling full. I called and moved my appointment for the second fill up to tomorrow as I am on a plane to Philadelphia in two weeks ~ don't want to have to deal with the liquids thing or a new restriction while I'm staying in a hotel and working a convention floor all day.
It's kind of left me feeling a wee bit blue about the whole thing. I am reading all the wonderful success stories on all the blogs I follow and they are so inspiring to me!!! My Dr. told me it's not uncommon for it to take 6 months before I start steadily losing weight, that starting out very slow and steady is a good thing...... but I just want it sooner :)) Now, now now!!! I've made lots of positive changes but also have to admit, there is plenty more I could be doing. I let the pain in my knees win over the Tylenol I could be taking that would allow me to walk more. I'm not very careful about counting calories. Still, I am trying to give myself credit for the positive changes I have made, knowing I'll continue to add more and more......and eventually it all will add up to long-term sucess.

Some of the changes......

*   I don't drink liquids with my meals. Not ever.
*   I make sure I eat enough protein every day and have become very conscious of protein grams on everything that I buy or order.
*   I've quit eating bread for the most part. It actually goes down ok so far, but I've lost my taste for it.
*   I have water with me just about all the time and MOST days I get in my 64 ounces. Not all. But most.

I weigh once a week. Anything more makes me a little crazy. I know I really need to step up to the plate and get this exercise thing added to my life as a part of the daily routine. It's my biggest challenge right now.

Speaking of vitamins.......was I???..........I talked to my nutritionist about the vitamins my family practice Dr. had prescribed to me a couple of years ago. Her first question ~ am I taking my daily mutivitamin? Absolutely!!! And then she went down the short list of supplements, asking me about the foods I eat regularly. As we went down the list together I learned I'm getting plenty of each vitamin through the multi-vitamin tablet and the foods I am eating and really don't need the supplements I was buying. They're not hurting me but lots of money I don't need to spend.

We can't have it all at once, can we? Ohhh man, I know. I know. So here I am, continuing on the slow and steady crawl.


Knowing that eventually I am going to win this race.

4 comments:

  1. For me - and typical that I do it bum about face - I lost most of my weight IN the first six months. Hopefully, for you, its in the reverse (I'm thinking so too!)....

    You are doing great adhering to the bandsters rules. Just keep on doing what you're doing and things will pick up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your chin up, you will do great! Maybe you just need more restriction, like you said. I hope that's what you are needing, and that the whole liquids thing isn't too difficult for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are doing really great for just being banded in November. With the holiday season and all the bad eating that comes with it, you have pretty much performed a miracle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement, ladies. We all know how much it helps!!!

    ReplyDelete